“In the past, we had a definite lack of visibility between all of our stores. Our new process ensures the execution is the same across the board in all of our stores and helps stores troubleshoot any issues they’re having.”
Attic Salt is a specialty retailer that sells everything from novelty t-shirts to books to cat toys — all with the intention of lifting up their customers. Originating in the Pacific Northwest (and previously known as Fuego), Attic Salt now operates more than 60 stores across the United States.
- Improve communication between HQ and stores
- Ensure in-store promotions executed properly to boost sales
- Increase compliance by streamlining visual merchandising processes
- Lack of communication meant HQ had little visibility into how stores executed directives and visual merchandising plans
- Lost sales due to lengthy approval processes over email to verify campaign and promotion implementation
- A system to help all employees communicate with each other, provide HQ with visibility into stores, and help visual merchandising teams validate in-store compliance
- With WorkForce Experience, visual merchandising managers can assign tasks to stores, including directives for signage and displays, and corporate guidelines
- Store employees given a set time to complete tasks; HQ notified when tasks are ready for feedback; store employees can make adjustments, then resubmit for approval
“In the past, we had a definite lack of visibility between all of our stores. Our new process ensures the execution is the same across the board in all of our stores and helps stores troubleshoot any issues they’re having.” —Kelsey Leach, Visual Merchandising Manager at Attic Salt
More consistent visual merchandising execution by in-store employees led the sale of products displayed in windows to rise by 25 percent.
Time spent on taking, uploading, and emailing photos and feedback between stores and HQ has been reduced by 50 percent. Visual merchandising manager Kelsey Leach estimates she alone saves four full days a month spent on emails.
More Accurate Brand Representation
With the time saved on taking and emailing photos back-and-forth, HQ now verifies compliance once per week instead of once per month
“Now that we can do it in real-time, instead of waiting for emails to trickle in, we’re saving a significant amount of time on merchandising validation in-store and at the head office.” —Kelsey Leach, Visual Merchandising Manager at Attic Salt
Retailer Value Centre
Visit this hub full of resources and see the value driver benefits your peers have realised.
See It in Action
Request a personalised demo to see how WorkForce Experience can help you improve business outcomes.