“There really were no major challenges in the [WorkForce Software] implementation. It was a very seamless process.“
Volkswagen’s Successful Road to WorkForce Software Implementation with GroupeX Solutions
A Groundbreakers Story
The Volkswagen Chattanooga manufacturing facility began production in April 2011 and currently assembles the Volkswagen Passat, Volkswagen Atlas, and Volkswagen Atlas Cross Sport. In January 2019, Volkswagen Chattanooga was announced as the central hub for electric vehicle manufacturing in North America. Volkswagen Chattanooga currently employs approximately 3,800 team members and is the first car factory worldwide with a LEED Platinum certification.
Organization: Volkswagen Chattanooga
Industry: Automobile Manufacturing and Assembly
Headquarters: Chattanooga, Tennessee
WorkForce Software Partner: GroupeX Solutions
In January of 2019, Volkswagen Chattanooga and GroupeX Solutions kicked off a WorkForce Software Time and Attendance implementation. In May of 2019, the system went live on time and on budget with a high level of user adoption and satisfaction. The following are four key drivers that put Volkswagen on the road to a successful implementation.
Engaging the Business in the Sales Cycle
The statement of work sets the foundation for the project. Successful projects include key subject matter experts in the statement of work creation process to ensure:
- Consistent understanding of the vision of success and alignment of project scope and business goals
- Reduction in delays caused by project change orders
- Reduction in additional costs associated with scope creep
- Efficient and effective transition from sales to implementation
Defining the Team
Select experienced business subject matter experts and key decision makers from upstream and downstream time collection processes. Involve a top-level HR manager to make helpful and important decisions on the spot. This will enable:
- Stronger adherence to timelines
- Expedited resolution and reduction of open questions or issues during requirements
- Informed decision making around requirements and quality validation during testing
- Reduced costs associated with change of scope
Ensure the project includes all the work required and only the work required. Keep the project scope under control to:
- Understand deliverables and expectations of the project
- Prioritize and manage workflow
- Identify risks and create plans to mitigate risks
- Reduce unplanned work to save time and money
Create a change management and communication plan to update stakeholders across the company and provide a holistic view of the project to ensure:
- A complete understanding of business needs
- Overall buy-in of the system across the organization
- Support for user adoption of new technology
- Alignment of resources within the business to support the change
Into the Future
Volkswagen plans to optimize their WorkForce Software Suite and will be improving visibility into the Time Off Request workflows for employees. They are currently looking at adding Advanced Scheduler and Absence Compliance Tracker.
Listen to Volkswagen tell their story. Watch the on-demand webinar here.
WorkForce Suite for Manufacturing
Control costs and ensure accurate gross pay calculations for your entire workforce with one global solution across all employee types and locations..
See it in Action!
To see how our solution can help you improve business outcomes, request a personalized demo.