Separating Leaders from Laggards: 5 Essential Workforce Management Insights from The SAPinsider HCM and SAP S/4HANA Report
Let’s get straight to the point. In workforce management, the gap between the top performers and those falling behind is widening. A standout insight from the SAPinsider HCM and SAP S/4HANA Benchmark Report makes this clear: while leaders rapidly adopt innovative technologies, laggards are stuck with outdated systems. This blog cuts through the clutter to reveal the five critical factors that set leaders apart in workforce management.
“The business landscape has significantly transformed in the last few years underscoring the need for a more human-centric approach to workforce management. Human Experience Management (HXM) systems such as the SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite empower organizations to put the workforce at the center and are focused on enhancing the overall employee experience boosting engagement and driving productivity”
– The SAPinsider HCM and SAP S/4HANA Report
The Shift to Human Experience Management (HXM)
It’s no longer just about managing people; it’s about creating an environment where they thrive. The move from traditional Human Capital Management to Human Experience Management focuses on employee experience. This transition is key in today’s business world, where a happy employee is often a productive one.
- Embracing Modern Systems: Leaders in workforce management aren’t just keeping up; they’re staying ahead. By adopting premier time and attendance systems like SAP Time and Attendance by WorkForce Software, they’re making everything more streamlined and efficient. These modern systems aren’t just fancy tech—they’re tools that make a real difference in handling day-to-day HR tasks. They provide better data, smoother processes, and a clearer view of what’s happening in the company. Laggards, however, are stuck in the past with outdated systems. This not only slows them down but also makes it harder to get a clear picture of their workforce.
- Prioritizing Employee Experience: The top players in the business world get that employee satisfaction isn’t just a nice-to-have; it’s essential. They’re investing in their teams to make sure everyone’s happy, motivated, and productive. This means more than just a paycheck; it’s about creating a work environment where people feel valued and understood. On the other hand, companies that haven’t caught on yet are still focusing on basic HR tasks without considering how their employees feel. This approach misses a big part of what makes a business successful: its people.
- Investing in the Right Technology: When it comes to tech, leaders in workforce management don’t hold back. They’re investing in foundational HR technologies that really make a difference. A key area is time and attendance management—a basic yet crucial part of HR. By having the right tools for this, they save time, reduce errors, and get a better handle on their workforce’s needs. However, some companies are still hesitant to put their money here. This reluctance holds them back from the benefits that these technologies can bring.
- Strategic HR Management: The best in the field are using advanced HR tech not just for the sake of having it, but to make smarter decisions. This strategic approach helps them understand their workforce better and make changes that really matter. It’s about using data and analytics to guide decisions and automate where it makes sense. This leads to more effective HR management and better business outcomes. But those lagging behind are still playing catch-up. They’re missing out on the advantages of strategic HR management, often getting lost in the sea of data without the right tools to make sense of it.
- Choosing Cloud-Based Solutions: In the world of HR, cloud technology is a game-changer. It’s not just a trend; it’s a smarter way to work. Leaders in the field are moving to cloud-based solutions for their flexibility, efficiency, and ability to scale. These solutions let companies adapt quickly, work from anywhere, and keep everything secure. But there are still companies clinging to their on-premises software. This reliance on outdated systems makes them less agile and more vulnerable to various challenges, from security issues to difficulty in scaling up.
The Impact of Smart Workforce Management
The benefits of embracing smart workforce management are undeniable. Companies at the forefront enjoy enhanced efficiency, happier employees, and stronger overall business performance. Central to this success is the adoption of advanced solutions like SAP Time and Attendance Management by WorkForce Software. This tool exemplifies how integrating time and attendance management, a critical aspect of HR, with cloud-based HXM systems can deliver tangible ROI. It’s not just about keeping track of hours; it’s about optimizing the entire workforce experience, ensuring every employee is accounted for and valued.
Making the Move to HXM
Transitioning from traditional HCM to HXM involves more than just updating software; it requires a mindset shift towards prioritizing people. Aligning HR strategies with business goals is vital, and tools like SAP Time and Attendance Management by WorkForce Software play a crucial role in this transition. As the only HR technology to achieve over 80% adoption, time and attendance management’s importance in enhancing workforce management cannot be overstated. It enhances native SAP applications, boosting workforce visibility and promoting a better employee experience and engagement—key drivers in adopting HXM systems. This strategic move is essential for any organization aiming to lead in today’s competitive business environment.
The SAPinsider HCM and SAP S/4HANA Benchmark Report’s findings show that staying current with technology and focusing on people makes a big difference in workforce management. We encourage you to dive into the report for more insights and consider how these lessons apply to your business.
Download this eBook to learn the 5 secrets that will help your organization shift from surviving to thriving now and in the future and learn how the right workforce management solution can empower your initiatives.
If you’re in the market for a new workforce management solution, use this guide to make the best choice for your organization.